New Recovery Room Coming Soon
Recharge, revitalize, and reach your peak potential in our new Recovery Room, your destination for soothing aching muscles, enhancing circulation, eliminating toxins, and getting back to your fitness routine as quickly as possible. With an abundance of wellness benefits, our new room features the latest in fitness recovery amenities:
Cold Water Immersion
Red Light Therapy
Red light therapy, also known as low-level laser therapy (LLLT) or photobiomodulation, uses specific wavelengths of red and near-infrared light to stimulate cellular function and promote various health benefits.
It's important to note that while red light therapy shows promising health benefits, it should not replace medical treatments for specific conditions. Red light therapy devices vary in intensity, wavelengths, and application methods, so it's crucial to follow manufacturer guidelines and consult healthcare professionals if you have specific health concerns.
Incorporating red light therapy into your wellness routine can be a valuable tool for promoting overall health, supporting longevity, and improving specific health conditions. Remember to start with short sessions and gradually increase exposure based on individual needs and responses.
1. Skin Health Improvement: Red light therapy can stimulate collagen production, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and improve skin tone and texture. It’s often used for anti-aging purposes.
2. Wound Healing: Red light therapy can enhance the skin’s ability to heal itself, reducing the time it takes for wounds to heal and minimizing scarring.
3. Pain and Inflammation Reduction: By increasing blood circulation and reducing inflammation, red light therapy can provide relief from chronic and acute pain.
4. Bone and Joint Health: Studies suggest that red light therapy may enhance bone density and support bone health, particularly beneficial for aging populations. Red light therapy may also help reduce joint inflammation and alleviate pain in conditions like arthritis.
5. Hair Growth: Some research suggests that red light therapy could stimulate the follicles to promote hair growth in people with androgenic alopecia (hair thinning or baldness).
6. Improved Muscle Recovery and Physical Performance: Red light therapy can help improve muscle recovery after a strenuous workout by reducing inflammation and promoting the production of heat proteins.
7. Mental Clarity and Mood Enhancement: Preliminary research indicates potential benefits of red light therapy in promoting brain health and cognitive function. It also suggests that red light therapy could benefit those suffering from depression or anxiety by affecting brain function or the body’s biochemical processes.
8. Mitochondrial Function: Red light therapy boosts cellular energy production (ATP synthesis) by stimulating mitochondria, the "powerhouses" of cells. Enhanced mitochondrial function can contribute to overall cellular health and longevity.
9. Immune Function: Red light therapy may modulate the immune response, supporting a balanced immune system and improving resistance to infections.
Contrast therapy is a powerful wellness practice but should be done mindfully and safely. The alternating exposure to hot and cold temperatures can provide a range of health benefits, promoting muscle recovery, detoxification, cardiovascular health, and stress relief. As with any new wellness routine, start gradually and listen to your body to ensure a positive and enjoyable experience.
CWI: Cold water immersion involves immersing the body in cold water, typically at temperatures below 59°F (15°C). It triggers vasoconstriction, reducing blood flow to extremities and increasing blood flow to vital organs to maintain core temperature.
Sauna: Dry saunas use high temperatures (typically between 160°F to 200°F or 70°C to 90°C) to raise the body's core temperature, inducing sweating and promoting vasodilation.
1. Muscle Recovery: Immersion in cold water can help speed up muscle recovery after intense physical activity. It helps to reduce inflammation and soreness.
2. Immune System Boost: Regular cold plunges can help stimulate the immune system, increasing your levels of white blood cells and boosting overall immunity.
3. Mental Clarity: The shock of cold water can result in mental alertness, increasing clarity and focus. It can also help improve mood due to the release of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers and mood elevators.
4. Enhanced Circulation: Alternating between cold and warm water enhances circulation, promoting nutrient delivery to muscles and organs.
5. Detoxification: Sweating in the sauna helps eliminate toxins and waste products from the body.
6. Increased Metabolism: Cold plunges can help increase your metabolic rate as your body needs to work harder to maintain its core temperature, potentially aiding in weight loss.
7. Cardiovascular Benefits: Sauna use improves cardiovascular function by increasing heart rate and blood flow.
8. Relaxation and Stress Relief: Saunas promote relaxation and reduce stress, contributing to improved mental well-being.
9. Better Sleep: By helping to lower body temperature and stimulate the vagus nerve, cold plunges can potentially lead to deeper, more restful sleep.
10. Pain Relief: Infrared heat can penetrate the joints, muscles and tissues, increasing circulation and speeding up the body’s natural healing process. This can help reduce pain and inflammation.
11. Weight Loss: By raising your core body temperature, infrared saunas can increase your heart rate, similar to the effect exercise has. This can help boost metabolism and potentially lead to weight loss.
12. Skin Health: By promoting a healthy sweat, infrared saunas can help pores open and release dirt and other impurities, improving skin clarity, tone and elasticity.