Pacific Northwest Tournaments & Outings
Entertain your colleagues with a golf outing, put together a tournament for fun, coordinate a groom's golf outing, host your charity’s fundraising tournament, play golf after your next meeting and more. The possibilities are endless. From our amazing golf course to the presentation of the food, service and elegant atmosphere, Canterwood Golf & Country Club is the perfect location for your next golf outing. Our commitment is to provide first-class planning, quality cuisine and service that will make your event memorable.
We understand that course selection and an overall great package are key to hosting a memorable event.
Top 5 advantages to hosting your golf tournaments & outings at Canterwood:
A premier private club setting
Located in Gig Harbor, Canterwood Golf & Country Club provides the ideal setting for golf tournaments and outings of all sizes. From planning to preparation, our tournament professionals provide personalized service and help take care of the details and will ensure your event guests are treated to a true private club experience.
Championship golf course
Canterwood Golf & Country Club features an award-winning golf course designed by Robert Muir Graves. With its treelined fairways, undulating greens and five sets of tees, a round of golf at here is both enjoyable and challenging for players of all skill levels — and to top it off, Golf Digest named Canterwood as one of the top 10 courses in the state for 2014. At Canterwood, your tournament guests are sure to enjoy a unique and memorable golf experience.
- Par-72, 7,175-yard,18-hole golf course with a 73.1 rating and Tiff Eagle greens
- Event space for meetings, award ceremonies, luncheons and post-outing dinners and receptions
- Access to range balls and practice facilities
- Full-service pro shop
Professional tournament services
From planners coordinating their first event, to seasoned professionals, you can be sure our staff will be here every step of the way to ensure your success. We’ll exceed your expectations and pay attention to the details.
Our tournament services include:
- Complimentary round of golf for tournament coordinator(s)
- Certificates for each participant to play our course again for cart fee
- Green fee, cart and range
- Carts fully stocked with towels and tees
- Curbside bag handling and rental clubs available
- Complimentary skirted registration, auction and prize tables
- Personalized cart signs, scorecards and rules sheet
- Professional tournament scoring and handicapping
- Placement and collection of all sponsor signs and banners
- Setup of contest markers
- Preferred prices for merchandise purchases and tournament gifts
- Room to host your pre- or post-tournament party (room availability and minimums apply)
Unique options to enhance your event
The special touches and little extras can take your event from ordinary to unforgettable. We offer a variety of options you can add to your event.
- Hole-in-one packages
- Food & beverage (on and off course)
- Merchandise packages or custom logo items
- Printing of course signage and banners
- On-course clinics or skills games
- Specialty linens or party decorations
- Canopy tents, tables and chairs on course
- Rental clubs
1st Assistant Golf Professional
Serving since 2021
I am super excited to be back at Canterwood after nearly 20 years! I have been the Head Professional at Kitsap Golf & Country Club for the past 15 years, and even dabbled at McCormick Woods for a few years before that. However, I am excited to rekindle my friendship with old friends, and meet all the new Members that have joined since the last time I was at Canterwood. My wife Sherri and I have lived in Gig Harbor since 1990 and are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary this August. We are the proud parents of Hanna (23) and Ben (21) who continue to take up our focus outside of work. Other than work and kids, we enjoy live music, good wine and boating. In 1991, I won 5 WWC Pro-Ams and was named the Western Washington Chapter Championship, Senior Champion. I have also been the Washington State Assistant Professional runner up 3 times (I never won, darn it).
Director of Player Development
Serving since 2021
Jim was the Head Professional in Tucson, Arizona for 17 years then the Director of Training and Sales for Henry-Griffitts, a golf club fitting and manufacturer for 18 years. He then moved back into teaching at his academy in Naples, Florida for eight years before returning to the Pacific Northwest. Jim was most recently at Tualatin Country Club, just outside of Portland, as the Director of Player Development for the last seven years. During that time he was awarded the Oregon Chapter PGA Teacher of the Year in 2016 and 2018. Jim is married to his beautiful wife Earline Mapother and together have six children and ten grandchildren. Jim's desire is to help people find more enjoyment in their club experience through instruction and player development programs. Jim would love to take some time to discuss shared golfing experiences with you.