Tampa Palms is committed to providing quality childcare in a safe, enjoyable environment. Your children will engage in meaningful activities centered around fun.
KID’S CORNER ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Children must be between the ages of 6 months and 12 years old.
- Open ONLY to Members and Guests of Members.
- Children who show symptoms of illness, in the opinion of the Kid’s Corner Staff, will be refused service.
- Parents must remain on Club property, no exceptions (TP FIT, Clubhouse and Golf Course)
- RESERVATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY AND RATIO REQUIREMENTS
HOURS OF OPERATION: KID’S CORNER
(Based on Capacity, 24 Hour Advanced Reservations Required)
- Monday - Saturday | 9 AM - 1 PM
- Wednesday | Miss Nina’s Science Night (AGES 5 and UP) 5 - 8 PM
- Tuesday - Thursday | 4 PM - 8 PM
- Friday** | 4 PM - 10 PM “Date Night Du Jour – Extended Hours”
- Sunday: No Kids' Corner unless there is an event happening, in which case they need reservations to be made 48 hours in advance of the event.
Reservations required! Tampa Palms Home Club Members have preferred access. Cross Bay Members may utilize our childcare if they are dining or attending an event at Tampa Palms. Cross Bay Members and Tampa Palms Home Club Members must make reservations 24 hours in advance. A 2-Hour limit applies (Except Friday); parents MUST stay on-premises - (Limit of 2 Infants/Toddlers 6-23 months of age)
- Advanced reservations for Kid's Corner are required.
- On Friday nights only, we will not enforce the maximum 2-hour limit if you have a reservation.
- We always schedule 1 Counselor for Kid’s Corner Monday - Friday (except on Friday nights when we have 2 Counselors).
Very Important Reminders
- Stroller/walker is required for children between the ages of 6 - 12 months.
- Our playground is developmentally appropriate for school-age children only.
- Outdoor play is determined per child ratio.
- Children 4 and under are not allowed in the playground area unless supervised by their parents.
- Reservations can be made one week in advance and are required 24 hours in advance. Please call 813.632.1676 for reservations.
- Cancellations will be accepted up to 3 hours before the time of the reservation. There is no charge for canceling a reservation. Failure to cancel a reservation may result in a $15 fee.
- The child/staff ratio is 10 children per 1 staff member.
- Children may spend a maximum of two (2) hours in the Kid's Corner, per day (Does not apply on Friday nights).
- For your child’s safety, parents are required to sign their children in and out of the Kid's Corner. Parents must inform Kid's Corner staff if an adult other than the one who brought the child/children in will be picking them up. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
- Parents must remain on the Club premises while their children are in the Kid's Corner. If parents are leaving the Fitness & Aquatic Center building to play golf or dine at Elements, children must be toilet trained. No more than 9 holes of golf may be played while the child is at Kid's Corner. Failure to comply with this guideline will result in a loss of Kid's Corner privileges for a period determined by the Club Manager. A cell phone number is required if the adult member is playing golf. To ensure the safety of the child we request that the same person drop off and pick up the child within the visit unless otherwise noted with the childcare attendant.
- Food in Kid's Corner. Small snacks are acceptable if it is appropriate to eat in front of the other children (Playroom Staff will determine). All drinks must be contained in a spill-proof container. Parents may order the kids food from Elements while it is open. We do not supply snacks for Kid's Corner, children must bring their own food.
- For your child’s convenience, the Kid's Corner offers a variety of children’s toys. Please make sure all items brought from home are of a non-violent nature and are clearly marked with the child’s name.
- The Kid's Corner staff is not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to inform the Kid's Corner staff of any pertinent medical information prior to checking in. The Kid's Corner staff reserves the right to refuse service to any children they feel would require undivided or special attention and, as a result, affect the quality of supervision the other children receive. Any member of the Kid's Corner staff will not dispense medication at any time.
- Shoes are required and must be worn by all children.
- Kid's Corner Staff are not entitled to change children’s diapers. Changing tables are provided for Members use. Members will be contacted in a timely manner if a child needs assistance.
- Positive redirection and time out are the forms of discipline used in Kid's Corner. Parents may be asked to remove their child if the child is unable to accept the Kid's Corner Golden Rules. The Kid's Corner Golden Rules are good manners, inside voices, no horseplay, be nice to others, listen to the attendant, no running, keep hands to yourself. Kid's Corner is a “No Bully Zone” and all verbal or physical misbehavior towards others will not be tolerated.
- Sick Children: For the comfort of your child and the safety of the other children and staff, we request you do not bring a child displaying any of the following symptoms or illnesses: Fever, Sore Throat, Croup, Rashes, Constant/Consistent Cough and/or Runny Nose, Vomiting, Diarrhea, or Infectious Illness (ex. COVID). In some case, it may be necessary to have a doctor’s note for your child to return to Kid's Corner.
- Please inform the Kid's Corner attendant in writing of allergies your child may have when visiting the Kid's Corner.
- After a child has 3 written incident reports concerning behavior, the child will not be allowed to return to the Kid's Corner.
- All Kid's Corner participants must have a current Child Information Profile and Activity release completed and on file with Kid's Corner. Please make sure to update your child’s profile if there are any changes of address, phone number, doctor, etc.
- This onsite babysitting service is not intended to provide a teaching environment. The Kid's Corner Staff are not trained medical attendants or expected to handle special needs that a child may require. Kid's Corner reserves the right to decline access to any child who it believes it cannot reasonably provide babysitting services.