Raise a chip shot off the old block!
One of the ties that bind a family, creates shared experiences and makes lasting memories, is a love for the game and the opportunity to play together.
To foster that relationship, Old Ranch Country Club offers a Junior Golf Academy with a PGA instructor specialized in teaching and coaching the game to juniors ages 6-13. By employing modern techniques including games, team competition, and skills challenges, our instructors teach all aspects of golf. It’s an exciting atmosphere where the enthusiasm of our pros helps our young players develop an interest in, and passion for, the game.
Old Ranch Junior Golf Academy
Each week, our golf pros will cover different topics including the rules of golf, etiquette, putting, chipping, pitching and the full swing. There are a limited number of spaces available.
Classes are held Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Please call 562.596.4611 for more information.
Women's Golf Association
The Old Ranch Women’s Golf Association provides an impressive variety of golfing events, specifically tailored to our thriving membership of women golfers.
Our goal is to provide an environment that encourages women to become involved in golf in order to learn golf, improve their golf game, meet new women in the Club and take advantage of the many aspects of the Club. The WGA activities include the following:
- Guest Days: The first Tuesday of each month. Members can bring 1 to 3 guests from other clubs for 18 holes of golf, breakfast, lunch and prizes
- Meeting Days: The fourth Tuesday of each month. Members play with other members for 18 holes, lunch, and prizes. Groups are randomly assigned affording you the opportunity to meet new people. There is a brief meeting held to announce various club updates.
- A variety of tournaments including several “majors” and a number of “fun/casual” tournaments.
- Member mixers where golfers are randomly paired to mix and play golf. This is targeted for newer golfers and new Members at the Club looking to meet new people and get more involved with the WGA.
- Team play: In the spring and fall, the WGA will compete with local country clubs. This affords our members the opportunity to both play new clubs and make new friends at other clubs.
- GHIN management: The WGA manages handicaps for our members with online posting.
- Holiday Tournament: The annual holiday golf outing and party that includes lunch, prizes, and lots of fun.
Crush It! Juniors Program
Based on principles of the American Development Model (ADM), Old Ranch Country Club’s Crush It! Juniors Program is a game-changing golf development program designed to help your junior golfers develop a deep love for the game and the abilities needed to perform on the course.
Whether new or familiar with the game and for fun or friendly competition, the program provides kids with the tools to engage proactively in life and learn valuable lessons they can use in all areas of their lives, while at the same time enabling them to engage in developmentally appropriate experiences and learning opportunities that connect child and family at every step through a progression pathway.
At the core of Old Ranch Country Club’s Crush It! Program is the development of a “golfer for life” through the motto, “Skills for golf, skills for life” by through:
Game On! Program
Whether you’re picking up a club for the first time or if you’re coming back to the sport after some time off, Old Ranch Country Club’s Game On! Program provides the ideal way for golfers to experience learning the game in an environment and structure that will enable them to build the skills, knowledge and social connections to actively play the game and maximize your Old Ranch Country Club membership.
Where Game On! differs from other traditional programs is that it does not measure success based on completing a set number of classes. Instead, success is defined when you have achieved the criteria set out within a 3-Level Progression Pathway that ensures you have harnessed the knowledge, experiences and appropriate level of skill to play the golf course. The length of time spent on the program varies between golfer but it’s why golf is a journey, not a marathon.
No matter where your golf journey is taking you, Old Ranch Country Club is excited to welcome you to the sport! From socializing in a friendly and fun environment to focusing on health and wellness, golf has something for everyone and for every family through:
Making New Social Connections
Spending more time with loved ones
Learning a new skill
An activity great for the entire family