Compliance With Laws and Licensure
You will comply with all applicable laws in connection with your use of the La Valle Services, including without limitation maintaining any necessary licenses or permits that may be required to render services to others in connection with the La Valle Services.
Liability of La Valle and Its Licensors
The use of the La Valle Services and the Content is at your own risk.
When using the Site, information will be transmitted over a medium that may be beyond the control and jurisdiction of La Valle and its licensors. Accordingly, La Valle assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Site.
You agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type to the Public Areas (including blogs, message boards, forums, article or other postings, user reviews of products, including drug products, etc.) that infringe or violate any rights of any person. By submitting communications or content to the Public Areas, you agree that such submission is non-confidential for all purposes.
If you make any such submission you agree that you will not send or transmit to La Valle by email, (including through the email addresses listed on the “Contact Us” page), or by mail, any communication or content that infringes or violates any rights of any person. If you submit any business information, idea, concept or invention to La Valle by email, you agree such submission is non-confidential for all purposes.
If you make any submission to a Public Area or if you submit any business information, idea, concept or invention to La Valle by email or by mail, you automatically grant or warrant that the owner of such content or intellectual property has expressly granted La Valle a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive license to use (including without limitation to reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform and display) the communication or content in any media or medium, or any form, format or forum now known or hereafter developed. La Valle may sublicense its rights through multiple tiers of sublicenses. If you wish to keep any business information, ideas, concepts or inventions private or proprietary, do not submit them to the Public Areas or to La Valle by email or mail. We try to answer every correspondence in a timely manner but are not always able to do so.
User Submissions — Image, Video, Audio Files
You agree to only post or upload media (such as photos, videos or audio files) that you have taken yourself or that you have all rights to transmit and license and which do not infringe or violate trademark, copyright, privacy or any other rights of any other person. Please note that photos or videos of celebrities and cartoon or comic images are usually copyrighted by the owner.
To protect your privacy, you agree that you will not submit any media that contains personally identifiable information (including without limitation name, phone number, email address or website URL.) of you or of anyone else. Uploading media such as images or video of other people without their permission (or, if a minor, his or her parent’s or legal guardian’s permission) is strictly prohibited.
By uploading any media on the Site, you warrant that you have permission from all persons appearing in such media for you to upload such media (or, if a minor, his or her parent’s or legal guardian’s permission) and grant rights described herein. Never post a picture or video of or with someone else unless you have their explicit permission.
You agree that you will not upload any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Site, La Valle Services or Content.
La Valle reserves the right to review all media prior to submission to the site and to remove any media for any reason, at any time, without prior notice, in its sole discretion.
La Valle takes security very seriously. La Valle never sends your login credentials in the clear and ensures that whenever it does send that data across the Internet, it is always encrypted.
La Valle has several tools that allow you to record and store information. You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to your La Valle username, passwords or accounts. It is your sole responsibility to (1) control the dissemination and use of your username and activation codes and passwords; (2) authorize, monitor, and control access to and use of your La Valle account, user name and password; (3) promptly inform La Valle of any need to deactivate a user name or password. You grant La Valle and all other persons involved in the operation of the La Valle Services the right to use (including without limitation to transmit, monitor, retrieve and store) your information in connection with the operation of the La Valle Services. La Valle cannot and does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you submit, or your or third parties’ use or misuse of information transmitted or received using the La Valle Services.
La Valle Community and Public Areas
If you use the Site blogs, message boards, forums, articles or other postings, user reviews or other user communities (the “Public Areas”), you are solely responsible for your own communications, the consequences of posting those communications, and your reliance on any communications found in the Public Areas. La Valle and its licensors are not responsible for the consequences of any communications in the Public Areas.
- Using a Public Area for any purpose in violation of local, state, federal or international laws or regulations;
- Posting material that infringes or violates the intellectual property rights of others or infringes or violates the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- Posting material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing (or encourages harassment), abusive, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, hateful or embarrassing to any other person as determined by La Valle in its sole discretion;
- Posting material that contains nudity or is obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, or is otherwise offensive, as determined by La Valle in its sole discretion.
- Posting material that contains graphic or gratuitous violence as determined by La Valle in its sole discretion.
- Posting material that are misleading, malicious or discriminatory as determined by La Valle in its sole discretion.
- Providing resources to or otherwise supporting any organization designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization under section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
- Posting advertising or promotional materials;
- After receiving a warning from La Valle, continuing to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free-form);
- Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- Impersonating another person or misrepresenting your affiliation with another person;
- Distributing viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or other similar destructive or harmful items;
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their consent for posting or viewing comments;
- Allowing any other person to use your identification for posting or viewing comments
- Posting the same note more than once or “spamming”;
- Using the La Valle Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, disrupt, or impair the La Valle Services or Site, or the network(s) connected to the Site, or engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Public Area or the Site, or which, in the judgment of La Valle, exposes La Valle or any of its users or licensors to any liability or detriment of any type;
- Modifying, adapting, translating, reverse engineering, decompiling, or disassembling the Site or La Valle Services;
- Using any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Site or La Valle Services;
- Framing, reformatting, or otherwise making the La Valle Services available to third parties;
- Creating user accounts using any automated means or under false pretenses;
- Preparing derivative works based on the Site or La Valle Services; or
- Removing any proprietary notices, labels, or other identifying marks on content provided through the Site or La Valle Services.
La Valle reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Record the dialogue in public chat rooms.
- Investigate an allegation that a communication does not conform to these Terms of Service and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the communication.
- Monitor, edit or disclose any communication in the Public Areas.
- Edit or delete any communication posted on the Site, regardless of whether such communication violates these standards.
You agree that La Valle and its licensors shall have no liability or responsibility to users of the La Valle Services or any other person for performance or nonperformance of the aforementioned activities.
Advertisements, Searches, and Links to Other Sites
La Valle makes no claims that La Valle, Site, La Valle Software and the Content are appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the La Valle Services or Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the La Valle Services from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with La Valle, or in any way relating to your use of the La Valle Services, resides exclusively in the state and federal courts in a jurisdiction of La Valle’s choosing, and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in in connection with any such dispute including any claim involving La Valle or its licensors, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, and directors, including without limitation its service providers and content providers.
Notice and Takedown Procedures; Copyright Agent
If you believe any materials accessible on or from the La Valle Services infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from this website by contacting La Valle’s copyright agent (identified below) and providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that “under penalty of perjury,” you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
La Valle’s agent for copyright issues is as follows:
2235 Broadway Boulder, CO 80302
In an effort to protect the rights of copyright owners, La Valle maintains a policy for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of subscribers and account holders of the La Valle Services who are repeat infringers.
Thank you for your cooperation. Questions or comments regarding this website should be submitted to:
2235 Broadway Boulder, CO 80302